Here’s a link to a good basic description of craniosacral therapy from the Cleveland Clinic.
These are conditions it helps with (and there are more, but these are the most common):
- Chronic pain.
- Migraine headache.
- Complex regional pain syndrome.
- Fascial adhesions.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Neurodegenerative diseases.
- Temporo-mandibular joint syndrome (I use an integrative approach).
- Post-concussion syndrome.
(I also treat many who have experienced trauma.)
These are conditions that need a release from a physician before treating:
- Recent concussion or traumatic brain injury.
- Cerebral swelling.
- Structural defects in the cerebellum such as Arnold-Chiari malformation.
- Brain aneurysm.
- Blood clots.
- Any disorder that causes instability of cerebral fluid pressure, flow or build-up.