My friend and NLP trainer Katie Raver has organized another nightwalking class — and you don’t have to go to Taos to take it! It’s at the Canyon of the Eagles, a dark-sky friendly place about two hours northwest of Austin on Lake Buchanan near Burnet, Texas.
You can camp or choose from lodging options, and there are two restaurants on the site.
The dates are Dec. 6-9, Thursday evening through Sunday mid-day.
Details are here. The course fee is sliding scale, making it quite affordable if cost is a consideration.
The Geminid meteor shower peaks on December 14, and some meteors will be visible Dec. 7-16. (I saw the brightest meteor I’ve ever seen last August on a nightwalk just outside of Taos.)
What I like about nightwalking:
- you learn to use your vision differently
- this affects your physiology — wide vision = wide mind, a state some meditation practices cultivate
- anxiety is impossible while using your eyes this way
- it’s outdoors in nature where the skies are really dark
- your senses are augmented
- you notice so much more
- you become very sensitive to light
- you really can walk fearlessly in the dark!