One of the ways I like to support the health-oriented community in Austin is by donating my services at silent auctions.
- I get to market my practice to health-conscious folks, who may be learning about me for the first time. Austin has many newcomers.
- The winning bid is sometimes below market price so the winner saves money and gets to try something new.
- What I offer may be just the thing they’ve been hoping for, which is very satisfying for me and for them.
- Their word-of-mouth satisfaction (I hope) spreads into their network.
- I get a tax write-off for my donation.
- When I attend the event, I meet like-minded people.
- These events are fun!
- Sometimes I even receive a t-shirt and/or guest tickets in exchange for donating.
I have donated three hours of bodywork (any modality or combination) to the Green Corn Project‘s annual fundraiser coming up on Sunday, October 29. This nonprofit is devoted to more organic gardens in Central Texas. This is my first year to donate, yet I’ve been wanting to attend for years, and finally, it’s happening!
I’m donating three hours of bodywork (again, any modality or combination) to the Save Our Springs Alliance (SOS) annual holiday party’s silent auction on Friday, December 8. I’ve donated for several years. This nonprofit supports a healthy environment in the Austin and Central Texas area.
I just donated a 90-minute session Oct. 22 at the Austin Fermentation Festival. The winner has been announced! Can’t wait to meet them!