Hello. I’m MaryAnn Reynolds (MS, LMT, BCTMB), and I welcome you to my website.
I practice advanced integrative bodywork in West Lake Hills, near downtown Austin, Texas, and I specialize in a couple of areas: craniosacral therapy and TMJ relief.
I usually work integratively in these ways:
- In craniosacral therapy sessions, I use either Upledger-style or biodynamic style, and sometimes I use both, depending on your issues and needs.
- I also offer a sweet session that combines Zero Balancing and craniosacral therapy (either type or both), for those who want a little more touch to help realign the body’s structure, along with the more subtle, light-touch benefits of craniosacral therapy.
- My TMJ Relief sessions integrate Zero Balancing, multiple massage techniques, craniosacral therapy, and lymphatic drainage. I include intraoral (open mouth) work in these sessions to release tension in the internal jaw muscles that can cause so much misery
If you’re familiar with bodywork, you may notice that the modalities I practice (especially Zero Balancing and craniosacral therapy, both developed by osteopaths) are influenced by the osteopathic tradition in medicine, described thusly:
The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
Rational treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.~ American Osteopathic Association
The short version of what you can expect from a session with me is that:
- You become deeply relaxed.
- Your body-mind system reorganizes through releasing restrictions and coming into more balanced wholeness.
- You feel reset.
Please note that some conditions require multiple treatments to allow entrenched dysfunctional patterns to transform. You can influence your healing process with daily healthy practices.
I took six months off during the first part of the COVID-19 pandemic, resuming in-person sessions in September 2020, working one day per week on Tuesdays, and not working in open mouths.
Starting in April 2021, since I’m now fully vaccinated, I’m also offering sessions on Wednesdays. I’ll add another day of availability when the demand is there again.
I’m once again including intraoral work in my TMJ sessions and in some craniosacral therapy sessions (after at least 3 craniosacral therapy sessions, when warranted).
If you are fully vaccinated, we can be maskless together in my office. If not, we’ll stay masked.
I run an air purifier during all sessions.
In all cases, for the time being, masks (covering mouth and nose) are required in the shared areas of the office suite: waiting room, kitchen, bathroom, hallway.
Thanks for reading this far!