Hello. I’m MaryAnn Reynolds (MS, LMT, BCTMB). I welcome you to my website.
I practice advanced integrative bodywork in West Lake Hills, near downtown Austin, Texas, and I specialize in a couple of areas: craniosacral therapy and TMJ relief.
I work integratively in these ways:
- In craniosacral therapy sessions, I use either Upledger-style or biodynamic style, and sometimes I use both, depending on your issues and needs. Both styles are about relaxing, releasing restrictions, and reorganizing in a more optimal way.
- I also offer a sweet session that combines Zero Balancing and craniosacral therapy (either type or both), for those who want a little more touch, to help realign the body’s structure, along with the subtle light-touch benefits of craniosacral therapy.
- My TMJ Relief sessions integrate Zero Balancing, multiple massage techniques, craniosacral therapy, and lymphatic drainage. I include intraoral (open mouth) work in these sessions to release tension in the internal jaw muscles, which can cause so much misery.
If you’re familiar with bodywork, you may notice that the modalities I practice (especially Zero Balancing and craniosacral therapy) are deeply influenced by the osteopathic tradition in medicine, described thusly:
The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
Rational treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.~ American Osteopathic Association
The short version of what you can expect from a session with me is that:
- You become deeply relaxed.
- Your body-mind system reorganizes through releasing restrictions and coming into a more balanced wholeness.
- You leave feeling better.
Please note that some conditions require multiple treatments to allow entrenched dysfunctional patterns to transform.
I took six months off during the first part of the COVID-19 pandemic. No one knew how long it would last. I made the choice to maintain my office space, which I love and where I’ve worked for nearly five years, hoping that at some point my pre-COVID business would return.
I resumed offering in-person sessions in September 2020, working only on Tuesdays, and not working in open mouths.
I was fully vaccinated in early April 2021, and am now offering sessions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (and Thursdays starting in mid-May, with the intention to add Fridays as soon as demand warrants).
I’m again including intraoral work in my TMJ Relief sessions and in some craniosacral therapy sessions.
I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for the vaccine making it safer for me to do my best work and for you to be able to receive my full services as this pandemic winds its way down.
It appears that pent-up demand for both TMJ relief sessions and for craniosacral sessions is building my business back to pre-COVID levels, and I am deeply grateful for the work and the opportunity to be of service.
So here’s the deal about masks: If you are fully vaccinated, we can be maskless together in my office. If not, we’ll both stay masked.
In all cases, for the time being, masks covering the nose and mouth are required in the shared areas of the office suite.
I run an air purifier during all sessions. It helps with allergens too.
One more note: I am very likely going to be traveling in mid- to late summer 2021. Dates are yet to be determined. If you’re thinking of getting a session, sooner is better than later.