Hello. I’m MaryAnn Reynolds (MS, LMT, BCTMB). I welcome you to my website.
Latest update: I’m back from my summer in NM and CO, rested and deeply refreshed.
I’m adding a couple of new sessions to choose from, Polarity Therapy (advanced energy work) and a stand-alone Zero Balancing session (structure and energy). Both are 45 minutes long, for $45.
I am still offering phone and Zoom sessions and consultations.
To view my offerings, please click here to open my online scheduling page.
I’m undertaking a 2.5 year certification training program in Craniosacral Biodynamics with Roger Gilchrist’s Wellness Institute in Silver Spring, MD, starting in late September 2021. It’s been on my bucket list for awhile.
What this means in terms of availability is that I will be away for a week each September, November, March, and June until I’ve completed the program in November 2023, if all goes as planned.
What it means in terms of my work is two-fold: enhanced skills and special offers. Stay tuned!
I practice advanced integrative bodywork in West Lake Hills, near downtown Austin, Texas, and I specialize in a couple of areas: craniosacral therapy and TMJ relief.
I work integratively in these ways:
- In craniosacral therapy sessions, I use either Upledger-style or biodynamic style, and sometimes I use both, depending on your issues and needs. Both styles are about relaxing, releasing restrictions, and reorganizing in a more optimal way.
- I also offer a sweet session that combines Zero Balancing and craniosacral therapy (either type or both), for those who want a little more touch to help realign the body’s structure, along with the subtle light-touch benefits of craniosacral therapy.
- My TMJ Relief sessions integrate Zero Balancing, multiple massage techniques, craniosacral therapy, and lymphatic drainage. I include intraoral (open mouth) work with COVID safeguards in these sessions to release tension in the internal jaw muscles, which can cause so much misery.
If you’re familiar with bodywork, you may notice that the modalities I practice (especially Zero Balancing and craniosacral therapy) are deeply influenced by the osteopathic tradition in medicine, described thusly:
The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
Rational treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.~ American Osteopathic Association
The short version of what you can expect from a session with me is that:
- You become deeply relaxed.
- Your body-mind system reorganizes through releasing restrictions and coming into a more balanced wholeness.
- You leave feeling better.
Please note that some conditions require multiple treatments to allow entrenched dysfunctional patterns to transform.
Masks covering the nose and mouth are required in my office suite at this time, due to the dire medical situation in Austin (ICUs full) from the high transmissibility of the Delta variant, even if you are vaccinated, as I am.
If you schedule a TMJ Relief appointment, which generally includes riskier open mouth work, please be fully vaccinated, and I’ll provide a dilution of hydrogen peroxide to rinse your mouth with before we do the open-mouth part of the session, like dentists do. I will remain masked throughout the session.
If you are not vaccinated, we can do a TMJ Relief session minus the open mouth work (still very effective), or we can do a TMJ Relief session on Zoom in which I will teach/show you how to relieve your own jaw pain, including working in your own mouth.
I run an air purifier during all sessions in my office.
I get a PCR test every week just to ensure that if I have COVID (symptomatic or not), I catch it early and can quarantine.
I don’t want to get sick or spread the virus to anyone, and I presume the same holds true for you. Let’s be vigilant and keep ourselves and each other healthy!