Hello. I’m MaryAnn Reynolds (MS, LMT, BCTMB). I welcome you to my website.
Update: I am spending July and August 2021 in Taos, New Mexico. I am not licensed in New Mexico, and at this time am offering only distance healing via phone and TMJ Relief over Zoom as well as free consultations.
The rest of this page refers to my Austin practice that will resume in September.
I practice advanced integrative bodywork in West Lake Hills, near downtown Austin, Texas, and I specialize in a couple of areas: craniosacral therapy and TMJ relief.
I work integratively in these ways:
- In craniosacral therapy sessions, I use either Upledger-style or biodynamic style, and sometimes I use both, depending on your issues and needs. Both styles are about relaxing, releasing restrictions, and reorganizing in a more optimal way.
- I also offer a sweet session that combines Zero Balancing and craniosacral therapy (either type or both), for those who want a little more touch, to help realign the body’s structure, along with the subtle light-touch benefits of craniosacral therapy.
- My TMJ Relief sessions integrate Zero Balancing, multiple massage techniques, craniosacral therapy, and lymphatic drainage. I include intraoral (open mouth) work in these sessions to release tension in the internal jaw muscles, which can cause so much misery.
If you’re familiar with bodywork, you may notice that the modalities I practice (especially Zero Balancing and craniosacral therapy) are deeply influenced by the osteopathic tradition in medicine, described thusly:
The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
Rational treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.~ American Osteopathic Association
The short version of what you can expect from a session with me is that:
- You become deeply relaxed.
- Your body-mind system reorganizes through releasing restrictions and coming into a more balanced wholeness.
- You leave feeling better.
Please note that some conditions require multiple treatments to allow entrenched dysfunctional patterns to transform.
I was fully vaccinated in early April 2021, and am offering sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
So here’s the deal about masks: If you are fully vaccinated, we can be maskless together in my office if that works for you. If not, we’ll both stay masked.
In all cases, for the time being, masks covering the nose and mouth are required in the shared areas of the office suite.
I run an air purifier during all sessions. It helps with allergens too.